About The Village Family Service Center
The mission of The Village Family Service Center is to strengthen individuals we serve through regional community behavioral health services.
Since 1891, The Village Family Service Center has helped area children and families improve their lives. The Village was founded as the North Dakota Children's Home Society, a home for orphaned children, and for decades provided a sanctuary for those who often had no other place to go. But times have changed, and we discovered it wasn't just kids who needed our help.
Today, The Village reaches out to more than 80,000 people every year, and we are constantly adapting our services to meet the needs of modern life. These transformations are ongoing and span a multitude of areas. From individual and family counseling to mentoring and adoption to financial counseling and workplace issues, The Village is a place for all individuals and families regardless of their size, color or creed. Gifts from generous donors ensure our services are accessible to those in need. (Click here to learn how you can make a gift.)
As the definition of family evolves, so do we. And no matter how you define family, at The Village, you will never go it alone.
The Village is accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Services for Children and Families (COA), is licensed by the North Dakota Department of Human Services, is a Charities Review Council Meets Standards® organization, and is a member of the National Foundation for Credit Counseling, Inc., the Employee Assistance Professionals Association, Inc., Alliance for Children and Families, and Big Brothers Big Sisters America.
The Village has offices throughout North Dakota and Minnesota, and serves people nationwide through The Village Business Institute. Thanks to United Way and donor support, The Village services are available at a reduced fee for eligible participants.
The following Village locations are approved sites through the National Health Service Corps (NHSC): Devils Lake, ND, and Alexandria, Moorhead, and St. Cloud, MN. Please contact us for more information about our sliding fee scale. In these office locations, no one will be denied access to services due to inability to pay. There are discounts available based on family size and income. Read more: Sliding Fee Discount Program, Sliding Fee Discount Program Application
- Leadership Team
- The Village Board of Directors
- Children's Village Family Service Foundation Board of Directors
- 2017 Annual Report: The Village Family Service Center
- 2016 Annual Report: The Village Family Service Center
- 2015 Annual Report: The Village Family Service Center
- 2014 Annual Report: The Village Family Service Center
- 2016 Audit: The Village Family Service Center
- 2016 Audit: The Children's Village Foundation
- 2015 Audit: The Village Family Service Center
- 2015 Audit: The Children's Village Foundation
- 2014 Audit: The Village Family Service Center
- 2014 Audit: The Children's Village Foundation
- 2016 Form 990: Village Family Service Center
- 2016 Form 990: Children's Village Family Service Foundation
- 2015 Form 990: Village Family Service Center
- 2015 Form 990: Children's Village Family Service Foundation
Quality Assurance / Clients Rights
- Client's Rights Form
- Client Complaint Procedures
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Confidentiality of Records guidelines
- Privacy Notice - Financial Resource Center
- Identity Theft Guidelines for Consumers
- Wellness Resources