The toughest lessons learned on the road to family wellness are often experienced along the way, and even the most prepared family can't predict what conditions lie ahead.
In-Home Family Therapy (also known as Family-Based Services) practitioners at The Village are like a family's custom designed road map. They are trained in therapies that help famillies support their children and adolescents. They specialize in helping prevent families from having to place a child at risk outside the home, and for reunifying those children back into their family home or the community.
Through services provided in the family's home, The Village's Intensive In-Home Family Therapy helps parents navigate their children's needs, teach them how to parent effectively, and work diligently to help families be successful, stay safe and stay together.
Common issues addressed with families include:
- Parent/child conflict
- Child abuse and neglect
- Parenting skills
- Emotional/behavioral problems of child/adolescent
- Reunification of families when a child is returning home from placement
In -Home Family Therapy at The Village Family Service Center operate on the belief that the best place to resolve family problems is within the context of the family's home and community. The programs are designed to offer concentrated, in-home, family-based therapy/counseling and support services to families who have at least one child at risk.
Typical In-Home Family Therapy services provided include:
- Family-based counseling and therapy
- Family strengths and risk assessment
- Crisis management
- Individual, couple and family therapy
- Skill-building for children/adolescents
- Networking with other community agencies
- Information and referral
- We believe that families and communities have the capacity to raise healthy children.
- We further believe that families can be strengthened within the context of their homes and communities.
- We embrace the unique differences of individuals, families and communities.
- We believe in the importance of working in partnership (collaboration) with individuals, families and communities.
For more information, or to make a referral, contact The Village Family Service Center.