There is not a one-size-fits-all approach or guide to effectively create and enhance your workplace's diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives. Looking at your efforts as an opportunity and not an obligation to create a culture of belonging, respect, and trust will take time, tough conversations, and acknowledgement of your biases. It’s a journey for both you as leaders, employees, and your business as a whole – not just the right thing to do.
The Village can assist in your organization’s diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts with a variety of training topics. These topics are most effective when tailored to your organization’s specific needs. Please contact The Village or call the Client Services Associate at 1-800-627-8220 to consult with a trainer regarding a custom topic.
Respect, Resources, and Rights
- Tips for Starting a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee
- CEO Action for Diversity and Inclusion
In addition to this list from The Village, check out Forbes: 10 Books To Help You Foster A More Diverse And Inclusive Workplace.
- "How To Be An Inclusive Leader: Your Role in Creating Cultures of Belong Where Everyone Can Thrive" by Jennifer Brown
- "Inclusive Conversation: Fostering Equity, Empathy, and Belonging across Differences" by Mary-Frances Winters
- "Our Search For Belonging: How Our Need To Connect Is Tearing Us Apart" by Howard J. Ross
- "Everyday Bias" by Howard J. Ross
- "You at Work: Hiring and Keeping the Right People" by Harvard Business Review
- How I Got My Company Talking About Social Injustice
- It’s Time to Embrace Diversity
- Examining Our Unconscious Bias
- Digging Deeper Into Unconscious Bias
- Top 10 Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Trends and Recommendations: 2020 and Beyond
- Addressing Race and Racism in the Workplace
- Proven Strategies for Addressing Unconscious Bias in the Workplace
- Moving Beyond the Pledge: Doing The Hard Work to Create a Diversity and Inclusion Breakthrough
Online Training Resources
Laws, Guidance, and Rights
- Society of Human Resource Management (requires SHRM login)
- State-by-State Examination of Nondiscrimination Laws and Policies